I feel very honoured and lucky to have received two nominations for the Illuminating Blogger Award. Thank you to Merron Riddiford of Western District Families and Frances Owen of A Rebel Hand. I greatly admire these two bloggers and enjoy their blogs immensely, so I feel extremely honoured to have been nominated for this award by them.
Merron wrote of my blog: Tanya Honey’s blog is one I enjoy very much. Her posts are well researched and well written. Not only that, she is supportive of her fellow bloggers. I have received many comments from Tanya on both my blog and social media. Like myself, she juggles family, work, study, blogging and researching her family.
Frances wrote: Tanya Honey’s sense of humour, lively writing style and dedication to genealogy make My Genealogy Adventure a joy to read as well as a source of compelling Australian genie information. She talks tech as well, which I always find impressive and useful.
Thank you, lovely fellow geneabloggers. I am struggling to find time to write, or read blogs at the moment with study again over taking my life, so the above comments mean a great deal. My apologises for taking a little longer than I should have to acknowledge these nominations, Merron’s in particular.
If you have been nominated this is what you need to do:
- The nominee should visit the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/) and leave a comment indicating that they have been nominated and by whom. (This step is so important because it’s the only way that we can create a blogroll of award winners).
- The Nominee should thank the person that nominated them by posting & including a link to their blog.
- The Nominee should include a courtesy link back to the official award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/) in their blog post.
- Share one random thing about yourself in your blog post.
- Select at least five other bloggers that you enjoy reading their illuminating, informative posts and nominate them for the award. Many people indicate that they wish they could nominate more so please feel free to nominate all your favorites.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog, including a link to the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/).
I’m not sure of the protocol on this, but I am going to skip the part where I nominate the blogs I find Illuminating – the main reason for this is that most of them have already been nominated. (The other reason is that I am writing this when I should be doing an assignment and am feeling very guilty!!)
I will say though, that I always enjoy Merron’s jam-packed, well-researched and written blog posts, and love her use of Trove articles which are my favourite family history research tool. I find Frances’ posts about her ancestor Nicholas Delaney fascinating because I studied Irish history at university, (the first time!), and am drawn to those who played some part in Irish nationalism. I also have a thing for convicts!
Random fact about myself. I may have mentioned this before, but here goes, my father was injured by a booby-trap in the Vietnam War 5 years exactly before I was born. For as long as I can remember my father has wished me happy birthday followed by “Do you know how many years it is today since I was blown up?” Happy Birthday!
Thank you ladies. I greatly appreciate the nominations.